Notwithstanding the individual differences and the corresponding differences in their needs, Mont Rose College asserts its belief that all members of the college staff and students are to be treated equally regardless of their gender, ethnic origin, age, ability, disability-difficulties with sight, hearing mobility,difficulties with reading or arithmetic, faith, sexual orientation or any other difference.The working culture in the college does not tolerate discrimination, victimization and harassment in whichever form it occurs. When acting as an employer, provider of education or other services, Mont Rose College is fully committed to implementing its equal opportunities policy. To achieve this aim the college will adhere to the points below:
- Take all steps necessary to implement the effect of all legislations relevant to equality policy.
- Wherever appropriate, the college will ensure all publicity materials contain an express statement of our commitment to equality of opportunity.
- Prepare, publish and update appropriate literature such as the Student Charter and Student Handbook that describe our facilities. Explain service standards and set our various complaint procedures and performance indicators to monitor the matters relating to equality of opportunity.
- Write and regularly update a code of conduct describing the types of behavior the college considers as incompatible with Mont Rose College’s ethos of promoting equal opportunities and detail all disciplinary actions that can be taken against those acting in violation of the code of conduct.
- Ensure high levels of awareness of the contents of the code of conduct and the consequences of violating it among students and members of staff.
- Take necessary steps to regularly monitor, evaluate and review the college policies dealing with equality of opportunity.